In the beginning of the story it's pretty obvious Bryce doesn't like Juli that much. When him and his dad where moving in she came in there truck and started asking them if they needed help moving. I would be the same way too. Even though she is trying to be nice , you wouldn't trust a person that you just saw for the first time with your family's personal belonging. She also is bugging him at the new school he just started. Like staring at him and smelling his hair because it " smelled like fresh lemons". I would be weirded out too. He hardly knows this person , why is she bugging him so much ? All , in all these are reasons why Bryce really doesn't like juli in the beginning of these reasons.
Towards the end of the book you can see the change in Bryce's feelings towards Juli. More towards the end. When Bryce is talking to his good friend in a library about Juli's uncle he makes a rude comment about him , because he is mentally retarded. And in his mind he is saying " I just want to knock him in the head." Which shows me he cares that Juli's uncle is retarded and the feeling she has about that. And then in the end he plants a Sycamore tree together with her. The reason they do it is because she liked to climb up on one before the school bus came every morning. But they eventually cut that tree down because some man bought the property. So by planting one together Bryce knew it would make her happy. Which means he does care about her in someway.
In conclusion, I think it's pretty clear the see that Bryce goes threw a change from the beginning of this book to the end of this book. In the beginning he doesn't have strong feeling for Juli . But Then towards the end it's pretty obvious that the feelings are there for her.
In the post I like how you connect to the protagonist. I agree that it would be weird if someone was smelling your hair. Also I wouldn't trust a random person that i just met to help me move my families belongings. I also like how you prove that the main character changes during the story.
ReplyDelete