Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Drummer boy of Shiloh response
In the book "The Drummer boy of Shiloh" by Ray Bradbury the protagonist Joby goes threw a lot of character change all threw out the story. In the beginning of the story Joby is very worried because he is going into a battle a drummer boy without of a weapon ,I'd be nervous too. But towards the end the general tries his best to make Joby feel like he is important in the battle as the drummer boy.
In the beginning of the story Joby is nervous to go to battle because he is on the bed just giving details of the setting ,and also mentioning how bloody and nasty this battle is. I would be nervous also nervous too because going into a battle with out a weapon is pretty scary. He also feels down and bad because he probably doesn't feel so important to the battle just being and drummer boy and not armed with a weapon. All , in all this is how Joby feels in the beginning of this story.
Toward the end of the "drummer boy of Shiloh " The general comes in and has a talk with Joby to try and make him feel like he needs him for his army, and how the important a drummer boy is to his army. He tells him things like " boy I need you". He also tells him he is " the heart of his army". Right their Joby feels better about preparing and getting ready to head out for a battle. After that the general finally asked him " you'll run them threw boy?" and Joby tells him "yes sir" in more of a confident tone, more then a weak and worried tone. All, in all these are some reasons why I think Joby feels better in the end of this story.
In conclusion I've said why I think Joby goes threw change, because in the beginning he is all worried about going into a battle like this without a weapon knowing how dangerous war is. I would be too knowing I can probably get killed! It isn't a good feeling to have. But in the end he feels like he's needed because the general comes to Joby and tries to convince him that he is important ,and a drummer boy is needed for a battle like this one. In conclusion these are the reasons I think Joby goes threw a change in the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment